After graduated from Tokyo Designer Academy Art Department, Banbu started his artist career in the spring of 2019 after returning from studying abroad in Canada and the the United States. Influenced by foreign animation when he was a child, and pop art that Banbu encountered when he was a student，Banbu created a character using motifs that are not human beings (real world creatures), aiming to express the beauty of diversity by looking at everything from a flat perspective (third-person point of view).
Based on the artist’s own experience as a homosexual, Banbu create paintings to express equality without regard to gender or species by depicting original creatures that did not or do not exist in the past, based on the themes of what love is and what sex is.
– Last Quarter Moon – Lop Cafe & Mini Gallery, Japan
– Butterfly Effect – Tresol, Japan
– First Quarter Moon – Tresol, Japan
– LGBTQ+ Me – Between The Arts Gallery, Tokyo, Japan
– “I am always be with you” Group Show – Streams Gallery, Hong Kong
– Summer Group Show – The blank gallery, Tokyo, Japan
– 100-10 – Shinwa Auction, Tokyo, Japan