Van Lanigh is a Russian artist based in the Netherlands. She had a tough childhood with abusive parents and made the first attempt to run from home when she was 7. Escaping from reality to the imaginary world assisted her to deal with anxiety. This developed into a strong spatial visualisation ability which helped her to become the youngest student in a local Art School. At sixteen she left home for the last time to start an artistic career and two years later moved to the Netherlands. Releasing her emotions into work connects realism and abstractionism through the lens of subconsciousness to achieve superconsciousness.
Her work deals with continuous search to find peace in chaos. Abstract art is not enough to depict complexity of our world and mind. And beyond that psychological subjective perspective born metarealism. She defines Metarealism as the multi-dimensional perception of reality in the search for the feeling of subconscious happiness, which became the core idea of her work.
– Chasing Rainbows – Online, Haarlem, Netherlands
– Consciousness and Subconsciousness – Vrij Paleis gallery, Amsterdam, Netherlands
– 26. Kunstmesse – Frauenmuseum Bonn, Bonn, Germany
– 6x6x2021 The International Small Art Phenomenon – Rochester Contemporary Art Center , Rochester, USA
– Youth #7 – CICA museum , Gimpo-si, South Korea
– FLUXUS – Basilica of Sant’Ambrogio, Milan, Italy
– Winter Showcase 2020 – Starkville Area Arts Council, Starkville, USA
– Architecture in PHOTOGRAPHY – HAZE Gallery, Berlin, Germany
– TO ART OR NOT TO ART – Fitzrovia Gallery, London, UK
– 2020 What Now? – Ely Center of Contemporary Art, New Haven, USA
– Identity – De Hallen Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands
– ARTBOX.PROJECT ZÜRICH 1.0 – ARTBOX gallery, Zurich, Switzerland
– Journey through art – De Hallen Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands
– (Roze hokjes) Pink Pigeonholing – Gallery Tuur, Venlo, Netherlands